Join us August 10th, 4pm as we host Special Guest Instructor, Mhelanie Hernandez for a Brush Calligraphy Workshop.
Join Mhelanie Hernandez, professional brush calligrapher, in this amazing hands-on workshop where you’ll learn the art of brush calligraphy.
If you’ve been curious about calligraphy or lettering but not sure where or how to get started, this introduction class is perfect for you! The purpose of this class is to help you feel confident as you begin your journey in brush calligraphy.
In this 2 hour workshop, Mhelanie will cover:
- What supplies to use
- Ways to hold your brush pen
- Differing pressure levels
- Differences between brush pens
- How to create basic strokes
- Practice drills to get you started
- Lowercase letter formation
- Connecting letters together
This workshop includes all the materials you’ll need to get started:
- Two brush pens
- Step-by-step guided worksheet (alphabet sheet guide, outline of the basics, practice sheet for lowercase letters, tips and techniques to write common phrases)
- Plus you’ll receive a personalized name tag created by Mhelanie
Each attendee receives one-on-one guidance and personal instruction throughout the class. At the end of the class you will get to practice your new skills by writing a phrase and decorating a card.
This event is BYOB, so feel free to bring alcoholic (or non-alcoholic) beverages with you as the write the night away!
Price: $75/person. Recommended for ages 9 and up.